5 Simple Ways to Help Manage Your Online Reputation
We live in a world where communication is near instant, word travels unbelievably fast, and if you’re not alert your online reputation can be trashed in nanoseconds. Many aren’t cognizant how vital it is to safeguard your online reputation. Cone Communications reports that some 89 percent of consumers regard online channels are trustworthy sources, and that another 80 percent have gone so far as to change their mind about a purchase after reading a negative comment or review. Further, your social media is where they’re talking about you. The Society for Communications Research reports that 72 percent said they research companies through social channels before making purchases, and that 59% use social sites to air their frustrations about your customer service.
5 Quick Tips to protect your online reputation
- Check your online reputation regularly – Google yourself and your company name as a minimum once per month. Create Google alerts to inform you if there are any mentions of your names or brand. Easy, free and necessary.
- Claim online real estate – If you don’t own your company’s domain name, or your personal one, make an effort to try and own these. Lots of damage can be carried out in your name otherwise.
- Be proactive on your social sites – Like your domain name, claim any Facebook, Google or LinkedIn pages that bear your name. In addition to that, make an effort to use them regularly.
- Deal with any detrimental content quickly – Do your very best to deal with negative postings and complaints expeditiously. Try hard to make contact with the poster directly, offline when possible, and see if you can handle their concerns. DON’T get in to a flaming match online. You’ll be the loser.
- Be mindful of what you post – Use your head when posting. If this can come back and bite you or your business later, don’t post it. Those lovely pictures of you and the crew tying one on in in the strip joint are best left out of your online world.
We live in a fast-paced, information driven world. Be sure you’re on top of it to successfully manage your online reputation!